Problem with icon for MuseScore files

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Monika Feinen

Problem with icon for MuseScore files

Post by Monika Feinen »

Every time when I upload a MuseScore file via the "AddWorkForm", it is not possible to chose the entry "MuseScore" from the list below. It switches back to the white area immediately. Instead of the entry {{Muse}} and the display of the MuseScore icon, the whole filename is repeated. I have edited the page afterwards to insert the correct code, but this is quite annoying.

The very first time I had uploaded my files first and then used copy+paste in the "AddWorkForm" (and not the "Upload now" buttons), it has worked fine. But the copy+paste is annoying in another way...

What might be the reason for these behaviors?

Monika
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Problem with icon for MuseScore files

Post by choralia »

Monika Feinen wrote:What might be the reason for these behaviors?
A bug. When you upload a file via the "AddWorkForm" the system attempts to detect the file type, and sets the file type in the form accordingly. This function was not working correctly for some file types, so the file type in the form was not set, and it was even reset if you tried to set it manually. It should be fixed now. Please let us know if the problem shows up again. Thank you for notifying us.

Max
Monika Feinen

Post by Monika Feinen »

Thanks, it's working fine now! :)

BTW, it would be nice to have both: a field for uploading a music notation file (MuseScore) AND a field for the interchange file (.mxl). Currently it is necessary to add one of these files manually by editing the work page... :roll:

Monika
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Monika Feinen wrote:it would be nice to have both: a field for uploading a music notation file (MuseScore) AND a field for the interchange file (.mxl)
Technically, it is feasible. There are quite a few things to modify because, since the early days of CPDL, MusicXML was considered as a "source" format and treated as such. What do other admins think about this proposal?

Max
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

I think having a field for the interchange (.mxl) file would be a good addition.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki