Problem with account

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Monika Feinen

Problem with account

Post by Monika Feinen »

I have applied for an account mid July and a user page is existing. But I cannot log in for uploading scores. Also the Forgot Password link doesn't send a mail to me. Perhaps there is a wrong spelling in my mail adress? How can I check this?
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Problem with account

Post by choralia »

Hi Monika, I checked your email address, and it's OK. A temporary password has been sent to you already. Please check your spam folder. For some reasons email providers in your country apply quite strict rules about spam, so email delivery is not much reliable. The system will not send another temporary password for 24 hours, so you may wish to try again tomorrow. If it still doesn't work, please let me know, and I'll contact you privately with further instructions.

Max
Monika Feinen

Post by Monika Feinen »

Seems that it doesn't work, I didn't get any mail. Today I had tried the Forgot Passwort again, but nothing. On the other hand, to create the account for this forum here yesterday had worked fine...

If I remember correctly I didn't get any activation mail for the CPDL as I got for this forum. Maybe this is the missing link?
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Monika Feinen wrote:If I remember correctly I didn't get any activation mail for the CPDL as I got for this forum. Maybe this is the missing link?
Yes, definitely. This forum is on a differeny server with respect to our main server. In theory, emails from this server should be more subject to be rejected as spam because we share the IP address of this server with other users, while our main server is a private server with a dedicated IP address, which is not used by anybody else. However, anti-spam measures are far from being perfect, and false positives may occur.

I'm going to contact you privately and provide further instructions, which cannot be publicly disclosed to protect your privacy. I hope my personal emails will not be trapped by your anti-spam... :shock:

Max
Monika Feinen

Post by Monika Feinen »

Great support and very fast, all is working now! :D
I give you five stars! * * * * *

Thanks a lot,
Monika