Multi-Category Search by Composer not working

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
dulcian
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Sep 2017 01:53

Multi-Category Search by Composer not working

Postby dulcian » 05 Sep 2017 02:08

A month or so ago I was using the Multi-Category Search page to search for 6-part choral music by specific composers. I came back to the project today and the process I'd used before has stopped working for some reason. I check the 6-part choral music box under Voicing, enter a composer name (e.g. Byrd) in the "Part of work title/composer name" field, and click "Run query"... and the search returns "No results found".

Results do show up if I leave the "Part of work title/composer name" field blank, or if I enter words that might be found in work titles (e.g. Laudate). I could try wrestling all 1,376 results via copy/paste into a spreadsheet so I can at least sort by composer but that seems inelegant, to say the least.

Any ideas for either a fix or a workaround? Thanks!

choralia
Site Admin
Posts: 2668
Joined: 05 Mar 2006 19:57
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Multi-Category Search by Composer not working

Postby choralia » 05 Sep 2017 09:30

Thank you for notifying us about this problem. A major software upgrade was performed last Saturday, and there are some tweaks to apply in order to solve small problems that were not evident when the upgrade was tested on another server. This problem should be fixed now: a search for 6-part choral music by Byrd returns 45 results.

Max

dulcian
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Sep 2017 01:53

Re: Multi-Category Search by Composer not working

Postby dulcian » 05 Sep 2017 19:07

Wonderful, thanks for the fix and for your reply! The query is working for me now on www0 but not www3 (admittedly I didn't think to try different servers before posting my original message, so it may have been working on www0 before).

-- Tonia

choralia
Site Admin
Posts: 2668
Joined: 05 Mar 2006 19:57
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Multi-Category Search by Composer not working

Postby choralia » 05 Sep 2017 20:38

Oh yes, sorry, I forgot to tell you that the remote mirrors (www0, www1 and www3) normally align to the main server the day after modifications are applied. Today www0 had a glitch so the alignment script was run later than normal, just a couple of hours after I applied the modification to the main server, so it got aligned sooner.

Max


Return to “CPDL Support, Questions, and Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests