Adding a new lyricist page

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
pateceramics

Adding a new lyricist page

Post by pateceramics »

Hello patient moderators of CPDL,

I have just finished adding a new work with a text by Pliny the Elder (Plinius Secundus) from his "Natural History" to CPDL, and he didn't seem to have a lyricist page yet. I've done my best to start one, but I'm not sure of the best way to deal with a few issues without mangling the auto formatting.

1. I've listed him as Plinius Secundus, since that fits the "First name, Last name" format best, but I believe more people are familiar with him as Pliny the Elder or perhaps even Gaius Plinius Secundus.

2. He was born in the year AD 23 and died in the year 79, neither of which really fit the "yyyy" format. 0023, perhaps? I wanted to be sure he was added to the AD 23 birth list and the AD 79 death list, if we have such a thing already.

3. Because wikipedia refers to him as "Pliny the Elder" in the title to his personal wiki page, the formatting for that section also looks funny.

If someone has a minute to improve on what I've started, that would be helpful. I don't want to leave any gaping holes in the code behind me.

Thank you!
Maggie Furtak
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Adding a new lyricist page

Post by carlos »

Hi Maggie!

In fact, both Plinies, the Elder (Gaius Plinius Secundus) and the Younger (Gaius Plinius Caecilius Secundus), were Secundus, so the current title is dubious and needs to be changed. I'll rename the page to Pliny the Elder, just as on Wikipedia, ok?

Thanks for your contributions to the site!
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration