Not sure I added new edition correctly...

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
pateceramics

Not sure I added new edition correctly...

Post by pateceramics »

Would someone mind double checking my work?

I just added an updated edition of my "Frog Song" piece. The new edition includes a piano reduction in the score and a few minor changes to the score itself. (Musescore has gone through several updates since 2013 and I know how to adjust formatting better now than I did then.)

What I hope I have successfully accomplished:

Replaced the old youtube video link with the new youtube video link for both editions. (The sound quality on the old youtube was terrible and the score was hard to read.)

Created a new 2017 edition with a new pdf file and a new mp3 file.

Changed the voicing from SSAATBB to SATB for both editions. (There are really only a few notes where the parts divide, so it seems like putting it in the 4 part voicing category makes more sense.)

Really, I would rather replace the 2013 edition entirely with the 2017 edition, but I don't know how to do that. I hope I haven't left a trail of broken code behind me in my wanderings through the wiki. Sorry for any inconvenience!

-Maggie Furtak
Claude_T

Re: Not sure I added new edition correctly...

Post by Claude_T »

Hi, Maggie,
Thank you for your contributions to CPDL.
All was accomplished correctly:
on your work's page, http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Frog ... ie_Furtak)
we have two editions: the 2013 one and the 2017 one.
You could perhaps add a few words on the 'edition notes' line about the specifications of the 2013 edition (if they aren't yet mentioned on the other edition's line).
Also, users appreciate to have an exchangeable version of your score in MXL (compressed XML) format. To obtain that, under MuseScore, just 'export' your source file to an MXL file, then upload it (Left pane/Tools/Upload a file) and add its link on the works page:
[[Media:My_File.mxl|{{XML}}]]
on the right of the files' line.
Claude.
pateceramics

Re: Not sure I added new edition correctly...

Post by pateceramics »

Thank you, Claude!

-Maggie Furtak