difficulty uploading new work

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
serlo

difficulty uploading new work

Post by serlo »

I have registered as a composer and received a 'new work added' email.

I cannot find my name in the composers' listing.

I have tried to upload the pdf and mp3 files. As soon as I click 'upload' I get this

"You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:

The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: emailconfirmed."

Help please !
choralia
Site Admin

Re: difficulty uploading new work

Post by choralia »

In order to obtain the right to upload new scores you have to confirm your participation to CPDL by clicking a confirmation link that is sent to you via email. You eventually did, as I can see you yesterday submitted some scores, so I assume this problem is now solved.

Max
Gervais O Frykman

Post by Gervais O Frykman »

Max

I am having the same problem. I have checked my e-mail, but it says I have already activated my account. So what do I have to do to upload scores?
Thank you
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

The procedure to fully activate a new account is a little bit garbled. The reason is that some time ago we were literally overwhelmed by waves of spammers that created hundreds (or maybe thousands) of fake accounts, creating fake pages and any kind of troubles. For this reason we had to activate an extension of the MediaWiki software, named ConfirmAccount, that adds a further level of confirmation on top of the standard levels of confirmation. Having two cascaded confirmation levels may appear not much logical.

So, the standard process should be the following:

- you click on the "Request account" link on the top-right side of any page;

- you complete the request account form with the necessary information. An email is automatically sent to you to validate your account request;

- you click the link inside the email automatically sent. This validates your account request, which is now submitted to the admins for review;

- if your account request is accepted, you'll receive another email with a temporary password, to be used for your first login;

- login with your username and the temporary password. You will be requested to update the temporary password with a new password.

At this point in time your account exists, however it is not fully active: for example, you cannot edit pages, or you cannot contact other users. The reason is that your email address was previously validated only to confirm your account request, and at that time your account was not created yet, so your newly created account still lacks a validated email. This is not completely logical, however it's the result of having the ConfirmAccount process added on top of the normal process. To validate the email address associated to your account you have to:

- login (if not logged-in already) and click on the "preferences" link nearby your username on the top of the page;

- click on "confirm email address", and then "mail a confirmation code". Another email with a validation link will be sent to you;

- click on the validation link inside the email you'll receive.

This process will be also repated if you change your email address in the future.

After this final validation your account should be fully active, including the editing privileges.

I hope this helps...

Max