Adding mxl files

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
plebas

Adding mxl files

Post by plebas »

I notice that we are being urged to upload compressed xml files (mxl) to improve access, particularly for users of Finale software. Someone wrote to me recently wanting exactly that for one of my compositions. Can you explain, please, how to do this for compositions already posted? Older compositions of mine already have pdf files, midi files, Sibelius files, and mp3 files, but I cannot see how to add a new mxl file without uploading the whole lot from scratch. Thanks for any light you can shed on this!
Philip
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Adding mxl files

Post by choralia »

Let's consider one of your works where a mxl file is present already. The wiki code of the work page looks like this:

*{{PostedDate|2016-02-18}} {{CPDLno|38612}} [{{filepath:Arise_-_Full_Score.pdf}} {{pdf}}] [{{filepath:Arise.mid}} {{mid}}] [{{filepath:Arise.mp3}} {{mp3}}] [{{filepath:Arise.mxl}} MusicXML]

The section in bold between square brackets (including the brackets) has to be added for works where the mxl files are not present already. So:

1) upload the mxl file using the normal "Upload file" function available under the "Tools" menu on the left side bar. Take note of the filename used;

2) add the [{{filepath:<filename>}} MusicXML] section to the relevant work page, replacing <filename> with the actual filename.

OK?

Max