text or translation

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
pmaniez

text or translation

Post by pmaniez »

James Gibb has recently correct my new post "La gloire est une abeille". It's sure a detail for me, but it seems to me that this correcting is a mistake:
Concerning the poem, the Text was written in English (Emily Dickinson) but I used a french translation as text for my music piece.
Concerning the music piece, the Text is in french, but the English text joined to it is not a translation but the original Text.

I'm sure it's not the first time that the problem appears. Could you please tell me what's CPDL point of view on that subject
Regards
Richard Mix

Re: text or translation

Post by Richard Mix »

An interesting case, with logic on both sides. One would think from the documentation that template:Language adds the category French texts, while template:Translations adds Category:English translations, so no one would be shocked at spotting "La gloire…" in English texts if template:Text|English were used, but the page would disappear from English translations…

However I see the text page Elijah at Category:German texts, instead of the work page Elijah, Op. 70 (Felix Mendelssohn) which uses the Language template. I'm afraid this may be more mysterious than I had thought!
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Richard Mix wrote:However I see the text page Elijah at Category:German texts, instead of the work page Elijah, Op. 70 (Felix Mendelssohn) which uses the Language template.
Richard, this is also quite logical: at Category:German texts we expect to see only pages that really contain texts in German. The page Elijah, Op. 70 doesn't contain any text, for which reason it's not included. But it's included in Category:Works in German, because of the Language template.
Richard Mix

Post by Richard Mix »

Ah, indeed template:Language adds Category:Works in French instead of Category:French texts. There would seem a certain logic then in reverting to having La gloire in categories Works in French, French translations, and English texts.
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Jefferyhogy wrote:Thank you,but i dont need the translation with the Cyrillic alphapet ... i need it with latin alphabet,like in the first post where i requested the translation into english.Thank you very much again.
Hi Jeffery, which work are you referring to?