Si bona suscepimus - de Rore

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
cjshawcj

Si bona suscepimus - de Rore

Post by cjshawcj »

Si bona suscepimus CPDL #28960 is described on the page, and in most links, as by Cipriano de Rore. The PDF credits it to Costanzo Porta, which I suspect (but do not know) to be correct. Does anyone know which is the correct attribution?~~~~
walkertron5000

Re: Si bona suscepimus - de Rore

Post by walkertron5000 »

The original source does credit Porta (you can see it online here). Period sources aren't always accurate, but lacking any other more authoritative information (I'm not immediately finding any scholarship online on the piece or the publication), the best bet certainly seems to be Porta for composer.
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

I've tagged the works page ( http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Si_b ... de_Rore%29 ) for clean-up, with a pointer to the discussion here and set myself a remind in a couple of weeks. It sounds as though the page listing should be moved under Porta to match the score itself and what is described here--unless someone has further information to contribute here?
Richard Mix

Post by Richard Mix »

I assume it was an understandable confusion of the publication info in the upper left corner with the authorship. I've taken drastic steps :D The misattributed work template doesn't seem quite justified to me; more logically it might go on the redirect page: I wonder what that might screw up! :twisted:
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Richard Mix wrote:I assume it was an understandable confusion of the publication info in the upper left corner with the authorship.
Richard, I concur with your assumption, that's most probably what happened. Editor Sabine Cassola correctly identified the author in the score; for this reason I see no need to keep the {{misattrib}} template on the page (and have removed it).