multi-category search/Suche without/ohne java script?

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Friedhelm Waitzmann

multi-category search/Suche without/ohne java script?

Post by Friedhelm Waitzmann »

Hello everyone! / Guten Tag!

I would like to ask a technical question: It is possible to search for music scores in the ChoralWiki by multi-category search without using java script?

Thank you in advance.

Ich habe eine technische Frage: Kann ich im ChoralWiki nach Partituren mit der Multi-Category-Suche suchen, ohne dass ich Java-Jcript verwenden muss?

Vielen Dank im Voraus.

Friedhelm
choralia
Site Admin

Re: multi-category search/Suche without/ohne java script?

Post by choralia »

Hello Friedhelm,

The Multi-Category Search requires Javascript to "compile" the query according to the options selected by the user. Why do you need it without Javascript? If you are considering to implement some kind of special search function, the MediaWiki API may be a suitable solution. As an example, the Multi-Site Search retrieves the query results by invoking the MediaWiki API both on CPDL and on IMSLP, and without using Javascript.

Max
Friedhelm Waitzmann

Re: multi-category search/Suche without/ohne java script?

Post by Friedhelm Waitzmann »

choralia wrote:The Multi-Category Search requires Javascript to "compile" the query according to the options selected by the user. Why do you need it without Javascript?
There may be security holes in my web browser's java script engine and I am afraid of opening a gateway for malware, which might be inserted on the way to my web browser by some hostile party. As the java script code is not digitally signed (SSL is not used), man-in-the-middle attacks are possible.
choralia wrote:If you are considering to implement some kind of special search function, the MediaWiki API may be a suitable solution.
Thank you for this link. When I have time to spare, I will address this API.

Regards.
Friedhelm