Unable to download scores

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
chris grosvenor

Unable to download scores

Post by chris grosvenor »

Up till 2 months ago, I had been able to download scores on both choral wiki and ismlp web sites.
However, within the last three days, wanting to download a particular work, the Magnificat by Durante, I carried out the usual practice of double clicking the appropriate pdf file when a notice appeared on my computer screen headed 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library'. This then advised 'Runtime error. Program C.\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more info.'
Any assistance you can give to getting me back on track and my sanity back would be gratefully received.
P.S. It's the same message with attempts to download ismlp files.
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Unable to download scores

Post by choralia »

I would suggest you to download and install Mozilla Firefox, which is, in my opinion, much more reliable and stable than IE, especially when downloading large files.

Alternatively, you may try to right-click the file name, and then select "save object as..." or "save target as...". This procedure will save the file to a folder on your computer without opening it in your browser, and this is usually more robust than opening the file in the browser's window.

Max
chris grosvenor

Re: Unable to download scores

Post by chris grosvenor »

Thank you Max. It worked. Hooray for computer geeks.