two submissions with shared parts

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
PCorneilson

two submissions with shared parts

Post by PCorneilson »

I have just uploaded three pdfs to ChoralWiki. A German version choral score, "Variationen über Lobt Gott, Ihr Christen" (CPDL#25215); an English version choral score, "Variations on Lobt Gott, Ihr Christen" (CPDL#25216); and a set of optional instrument parts that can be used with either German or English scores.

I filled out "Add works" forms for the two choral scores, but I am not sure I included all the information you need in the forms. I did not fill out a form for the instrument parts. Sorry this is a little confusing, and I can redo the forms if necessary. Please let me know how to proceed.
choralia
Site Admin

Re: two submissions with shared parts

Post by choralia »

Apparently you didn't paste the link to the pdf files into the "add work" forms, so the wiki code produced does not actually link to the files. Anyway, this can be corrected at a later stage: please do not resubmit the forms for the choral parts. You can submit a form for the instrument parts instead.

Please note: if you digitized these editions from a commercial score published in 2006, copyright may be an issue. Did you consider this aspect?

Max
PCorneilson

Post by PCorneilson »

The music, an arrangement of a work published in 2006, is newly encoded/engraved, and the text is in the public domain. No copyright issues.

Let me know what else I need to do. Thanks, Paul
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

PCorneilson wrote:The music, an arrangement of a work published in 2006, is newly encoded/engraved, and the text is in the public domain. No copyright issues.
Are you sure? Normally, anything published in 2006 is currently copyrighted in the U.S., unless it's a mere reprint of an edition that was already in the public domain.
PCorneilson wrote:Let me know what else I need to do
Please submit the "add work" form also for the pdf file including the instrumental parts, so that a CPDL edition # is assigned to it. You submitted three pdf files, however you filled only two forms, so you should submit the third form.

Max
PCorneilson

Post by PCorneilson »

I just submitted a form for the instrument parts. I hope I did this correctly. Thanks for your patience.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

I published all three editions. Please check that it's OK.

Max