Recovering member profile

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
emilcar

Recovering member profile

Post by emilcar »

Hello from Spain.

In this forum and also in cpdl.org wiki, my user name is "emilcar" but in the early years of cpdl.org I made a lot of contributions with my real name "Emilio Cano Molina". So, I am listed as a contributor with this name (see here) but I dont have any password to recover the control of this user account. Also, the email that figures there (emiliocano@mundoclasico.com) is not working anymore.

So, I would like to know how to recover these early user profile and if it is possible to merge with present account "emilcar".
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Recovering member profile

Post by carlos »

Hi Emilio,

The page User:Emilio Cano Molina is in fact a fake user page. There have been some discussions about whether we should rename contributor pages to something as Editor:Contributor name instead of User:Contributor name in order to avoid this confusion, but nothing was decided yet.

But you can edit that page using your current username in order to correct your email or any other information presented on it, if you will. The merger of this fake page with your current username is made by means of redirects. I'll do it for you.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
emilcar

Post by emilcar »

Thanks!
jonr

Post by jonr »

Hi,

I am trying to recover my old contributor username - my scores are listed against User:Jon Riding but I can't access the profile page. How can I recover my original log on?

jonr
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hi Jon,

Your old contributor username was JonR, please try to log in using it. If you forgot your password let us know and we'll try to reset it.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration