Who has a full version of Encore?

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
bobnotts
Site Admin

Who has a full version of Encore?

Post by bobnotts »

Hi guys. I've just added an edition to Puer natus est (Cristóbal de Morales) and I thought that I had a full version of Encore lying around somewhere. Unfortunately, it seems that I only have a demo version (I went to create a PDF and it arrived with some attractive "DEMO" watermarks). Please would some kind soul who has access to a full version create a PDF from the file on the page and upload it so those who don't have Encore can share and print the edition?

TIA
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
anaigeon

Re: Who has a full version of Encore?

Post by anaigeon »

Hi,
I see two editions of this piece, but yours doesn't seem to be arrived on the page yet.
I have Encore 4.5.5 under Win XP, if you have a more recent version I won't be able to read your file :-(
anaigeon

Post by anaigeon »

BTW, it would be great to include file format and editor (contributor) to the multi category search.
I was lucky because you added your name at the end of your post - your pseudo doesn't appear in the contributors list.
With your name I had a look at all your publications here, and was unable, too, to find the piece...
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

bobnotts wrote:Hi guys. I've just added an edition to Puer natus est (Cristóbal de Morales) and I thought that I had a full version of Encore lying around somewhere.
Rob, when I read the paragraph above I initially had the same impression than anaigeon, that the edition was yours! :)
Anyway, a PDF was generated and is now available on the works page.
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

anaigeon wrote:BTW, it would be great to include file format and editor (contributor) to the multi category search.
Hi anaigeon, I fail to see the advantage of adding these options, could you please give examples? As I understand it, a PDF in the A4 format can be perfectly printed in the Letter format after some margin adjustments (or using the option 'fit to page'), and vice-versa. Also, to find all editions by an editor, there are now specific categories for each editor (Category:Claudio Macchi editions, for example).

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
anaigeon

Post by anaigeon »

The very simple reason is this thread (a special case, admittedly) ;-)
Reading the OP's question, I tried to find a piece given by :
- its incipit ;
- its editor ;
- its file format (Encore).

The second point was available for searching, but only after I realized that "bobnotts" was to be changed into "Robert Nottingham"
And the third point remained unavailable ; fortunately "bobnotts" hasn't published several dozens of files, this allowed me to see that the one I was looking for was absent.

This said, You're quite right about printing PDF, of course !
However, I still think that some visitors would appreciate to get a list of pieces available under a specified format (Finale, Sibelius, Encore, etc).
anaigeon

Post by anaigeon »

Anyway, a PDF was generated and is now available on the works page.
I must be unlucky... I've now seen the Encore file by Patrick Elvin, but no pdf at 19:45 GMT.
BTW, I'd strongly suggest to improve the edition before "freezing" it into a pdf :
- some measures are too narrow - overlapping between notes or lyrics ;
- many misplaced ties (must be opposite to the stem - excepted very exceptional situations which don't occur here) ;
- uncontrolled distance between staves or systems (some lyrics closer to the next staf than to the one they are related to) ;
- overlapping between lyrics and ties, or note stems ; or lyrics touching bars (the vertical line between measures) ;
- overlapping between page numbers and the upper part of the G cle ;
- some note stems touching bars, too ;
- some 16th note heads touching one another.

Really terrible, IMHO.
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

Thanks, Carlos.

Anaigeon: you haven't seen it most likely because you're looking at one of the visitor wikis which mirror the contributor wiki every day or so. Basically, you were looking at the out of date page. Try using the www instead of www1/2/3

If you believe there are errors in the score, please report them using the score error template. Thanks
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
anaigeon

Post by anaigeon »

Ok, thanks for the tips, but everytime I try to delete the 'n' at the end of wwwn, it comes back.
Today I've seen the PDF, though.
I don't know about errors, it's only the page setting which doesn't deserve, IMHO, to be shown on cpdl - have you seen it ? :shock:
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

anaigeon wrote:everytime I try to delete the 'n' at the end of wwwn, it comes back.
All users not logged-in are automatically re-directed to one of the "visitor" websites (www1, www2, www3). To access the "contributor" website (www) you have to use the link "To submit scores or edit pages, Register/login at the Contributor ChoralWiki", which is on top of all pages of the visitor websites. Following such a link activates a cookie that prevents your browser to be re-directed again, so that you can login on www then. Deleting the "n" at the end of "wwwn" doesn't work as no cookie is activated.

Max
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

anaigeon wrote:However, I still think that some visitors would appreciate to get a list of pieces available under a specified format (Finale, Sibelius, Encore, etc).
That would be a nice feature indeed, but unfortunately this information (Finale, Sibelius etc.) is currently just a text inside the works page and can't be retrieved by the Multi-Category Search.
anaigeon

Post by anaigeon »

Max-choralia, thanks for the info !