Need to upload edited score

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
rmkwebdesign

Need to upload edited score

Post by rmkwebdesign »

I recently uploaded the Johannes Brahms Wechsellied Zum Tanz, located on the page http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Wech ... es_Brahms) and the file is athttp://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/2/29/Brahm-wech.pdf.

However, I found an error in the score, and have a PDF with the revision. Can the original be deleted and my replacement be substituted? Can I do this via PM with an admin?

Thanks,

Ryan
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Need to upload edited score

Post by choralia »

Hi Ryan,

First of all, thank you for contributing to CPDL.

If I'm not wrong, anybody can upload an updated version of a file: you just need to upload it using the same filename. The wiki software will detect that the new file has the same name of a file already present, and will ask confirmation if you want to replace the old file with the new one. If you confirm, the new file will replace the old one, and the old one will be saved into an archive folder, so that the replacement can be reverted if necessary. Please try, and let us know if you encounter any problem with the above procedure.

Max
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

choralia wrote:If I'm not wrong, anybody can upload an updated version of a file:
Max, this specific policy has been changed about an year ago: now only the original uploader (or an admin) can upload updates to a file. This was necessary to avoid files by one editor being replaced by files with similar names by another editor.
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Thanks, Carlos, I forgot about that. Anyway, as in this case Ryan is willing to update a score originally uploaded by him, the process would work as described, without the need to PM an admin.

Max