How long until stuff added to wiki is online?

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
hanno

How long until stuff added to wiki is online?

Post by hanno »

Hi,

I added some stuff today and noticed that it's not yet in the wiki if I'm not logged in. I assume this is some kind of caching mechanism.

How long do I have to wait until my changes are public? (I'd like to blog about it and link to them)
choralia
Site Admin

Re: How long until stuff added to wiki is online?

Post by choralia »

Thank you for your contributions!

Works are immediately available on the contributor wiki (www.cpdl.org). They might be not immediately listed on the main page as the main page is refreshed every few hours, however the work page is immediately available.

Mirror websites (www1.cpdl.org, www2.cpdl.org, www3.cpdl.org) are daily aligned to the contributor website (around 08:00 GMT). Links should always point to www.cpdl.org anyway.

Max
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

We should also say that if you have submitted your contributions via the "Add work" form, these have to be processed manually by volunteers and will be available on the website in 2-4 weeks. You can check how far the volunteers have got on this help page.

Robert
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

I think Hanno didn't realize that his works were already posted on the Contributor wiki but had not appeared on the Visitor sites, because these are only updated once a day. The three contributed works are now on the Visitor sites as well. Max correctly points out that Hanno should only link to the ones on the Contributor site (not to one of the Visitor sites).
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki