print on PDF too high

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
dfreed

print on PDF too high

Post by dfreed »

The print on El Carnaval by starts too high on the page so the title and some of the actual notes are cut off. Since a PDF can't be moved, what do I do? I even tried some taller A4 paper that I have, but it still doesn't work.
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: print on PDF too high

Post by CHGiffen »

A quick look at the El Carnaval page reveals that the paper size is Legal (8.5in x 14in), not Letter or A4. If you want to print on Letter paper you would have to select Letter paper (if not already selected by default) and make sure that "Shrink to printable area" is selected (for a zoom of 74%).
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
dfreed

Post by dfreed »

it doesn't matter whether I use 8 1/2 x 11, 8 1/2 x 14, A4, or resize, it still prints too high on the page, resulting in cut off of the title on p. 1 and the top stave on pp. 2,3,4. I really want to do this piece and am afraid I'll have to have a student worker copy this to' Finale.
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

I'm not sure what the problem is with trying to print on legal paper (or other papers, using resize). Perhaps you don't have the proper printer driver installed or Acrobat Reader is "looking at" a different printer than the one that is actually being printed to - causing the top to be cut off because of the printable area that it expects. I have printed the score on both Legal and on Letter paper (using "Fit to printable area", which on my printer resize to 94% and 74% respectively) with no problems at all.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
dfreed

Post by dfreed »

I forwarded it to our print shop and they were finally able to get it right.