How to post a cantata

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
NathanHowe

How to post a cantata

Post by NathanHowe »

Is there a special form for creating a new cantata entry? I used the "Add a Score" form and got the data output for the full score, but should I create a separate CPDL page and listing for each song within the cantata? Should I use the "Add a Score" form for each? The score and other files are externally hosted. I haven't gone in to edit the wiki with the info yet, because I'm just a bit unsure about the procedure for multiple-song works.

If you'd like to see the cantata in question, the page is http://nathanhowemusic.com/blog/2010/09 ... s-cantata/

Thanks for your help, and for contributing to such a valuable resource as the CPDL.
carlos
Site Admin

Re: How to post a cantata

Post by carlos »

Hi Nathan!

As you are offering both the complete work and the separate movements, I'd suggest that you use the code exactly as generated by the Add Score form, and then just add links to the individual movements below the link for the complete work (one per line). You don't need to run the Add Score form for each movement. If it were a song cycle, then creating separate pages would be an alternative, but in the case of a cantata, I believe the best is to keep everything on a single page.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration