Music files apparently not linked

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
jamesgibb

Music files apparently not linked

Post by jamesgibb »

I've uploaded a couple of John Bacchus Dykes hymns, but the music files appear not to have been linked to. They appear in [] on both the composer page and the works page and the composer page did not ask me to do the "sum" when I saved it. Don't think I've done anything different from before and, as far as I can see, there is nothing odd in the code.
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: Music files apparently not linked

Post by CHGiffen »

Fixed. {{filepath:}} doesn't like URL "%2C" for a comma.

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
jamesgibb

Post by jamesgibb »

Thanks, Chuck. I'll avoid punctuation in file names in future. James Gibb
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Using {{filepath:}} is easy: If the uploaded file is at "File:Veni, veni Emmanuel.pdf", then put in "[{{filepath:Veni, veni Emmanuel.pdf}} {{pdf}}]" for the link (similarly for midi files and source files).

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

It has happened again with "T'inganni" by Bartolomeo Spighi da Prato, recently added (due to the apostrophe, in this case). I'll tweak the so-called "filename normalizer" so as to automatically replace the escape sequences (%xx) with the corresponding characters.

Max
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Done. BTW, the "filename normalizer" has been recently introduced to improve file naming and to automatically correct the most frequent problems/mistakes.

Here are some features that may be useful for contributors to know when they submit new files:
  • for locally hosted scores the full file path (e.g., http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/x/xy/something.pdf) is not required any more by the "add work" form. It is sufficient to enter the file name (e.g., something.pdf) and the file name is automatically appended to the wiki's filepath magic word (this makes the file name portable from one server to another);
  • nevertheless, the full CPDL file path is still accepted. The file name is detected and appended to the filepath magic word as described above;
  • if the "file:" category string is present in the file name, it is removed (copying the category tag by mistake may happen when text from the wiki is copied and pasted into the "add work" form);
  • and now, characters encoded as %xx sequences are decoded to the corresponding normal characters when file names are appended to the filepath magic word (%xx sequences may be also introduced by copy-and-paste).
Max