Uploading MIDI files

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Mike Gibson

Uploading MIDI files

Post by Mike Gibson »

Something has changed on the Upload Scores system. I have been doing it successfully for many years, but in the last couple of weeks I have run into a problem. I cannot identify where my uploaded MIDI files have been housed on the server. There is no problem with the pdfs, as I can click on the file name and then read off the server address. But if I do this with a midi file, I just get playback. The address used to appear in the bottom left hand corner when the file name was clicked on the upload screen - but this facility seems to have disappeared.

What do I do, as I now have a number of uploaded MIDI files whose whereabouts are unknown!
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Uploading MIDI files

Post by carlos »

Hi Mike, a software upgrade was run recently, and possibly it changed the way some files are accessed, but it may also have to do with some changes in your browser or a new player you installed on your computer.

Anyway, the file address is not really important anymore. There is a trick where you just use the file name instead of it:

Instead of writing:

Code: Select all

[http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/a/ae/Bach-bwv230.mid {{mid}}]
Just write:

Code: Select all

[{{filepath:Bach-bwv230.mid}} {{mid}}]
Regards,
Carlos
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Hi Mike,

I think you can retrieve the address by reaching the MIDI file page through the "Recent changes" or the "Upload log" pages. As an example, I tried using last MIDI file you uploaded a couple of hours ago, and I found its address at http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/0/0c/D105-App2.mid. I have to check whether something changed on the upload page, anyway reaching the file page through the "Recent changes" or the "Upload log" pages may be a solution for files submitted already.

Max
Mike Gibson

Post by Mike Gibson »

Guys, Thank you for your speedy response. Thanks to you I have found where these files were lurking and posted them on the composer and works page. I tried the shorthand method suggested by Carlos, but it would not work for me, so I have put them in the old fashioned way.

Thanks again

Mike
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hi Mike, you just made a typo, that's why your first attempt didn't succeed; check in this link:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... did=217492

Regards
Mike Gibson

Post by Mike Gibson »

Thank you Carlos. My mistake!

Best Wishes

Mike