Problem with Abel di Marco's scores

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
choralia
Site Admin

Problem with Abel di Marco's scores

Post by choralia »

Through admin@cpdl.org a user reported a problem with scores made available by Fr. Abel di Marco at http://www.pucpr.edu/diocesis/14cantoral.html. Apparently, such scores cannot be accessed any more. The user says that he tried to contact Fr. Abel di Marco, but without success. Can others confirm the same problem? If so, are there alternative ways to inform Fr. Abel di Marco?

Max
DrewE

Re: Problem with Abel di Marco's scores

Post by DrewE »

I was able to download the finale .MUS file for Adeste Fideles and open it in PrintMusic, although it took some spelunking into the source of the page to determine the URL/filename of the score itself. The java-based viewer thingy didn't work, however; I don't know if that's just my browser, or if it's entirely broken, or what. I don't believe there is a direct link on the page to download the score directly.

(It's a pleasant original harmonization of Adeste Fideles, too.)
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

People who use Firefox may want to install the Download Embedded extension, it makes things much easier in sites as di Marco's.
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

I've just successfully opened one of Mr di Marco's editions by going to the root directory, downloading a .mus file and opening it with Finale Reader. I appreciate this is a workaround which will not be immediately obvious to most users but hopefully those having a problem with the java viewer (as I have in the past) will be able to open the files using this method. I can recall getting the Finale Viewer plugin to work once in the past but I think it took a lot of tweaking.
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

I had no trouble at all with the Finale Viewer on the DiMarco site.

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki