unable to edit talk pages

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
peftypefty

unable to edit talk pages

Post by peftypefty »

I suddenly find myself unable to edit talk pages. Here is the message I receive:

"You do not have permission to edit pages, for the following reason:
You must confirm your e-mail address before editing pages. Please set and validate your e-mail address through your user preferences."

But my email address is already showing in my preferences, and I don't see a link for validating it.

?? Am I missing something?

-peftus
choralia
Site Admin

Re: unable to edit talk pages

Post by choralia »

Since some time we have applied some measures to prevent that pages are created or edited by spambots. One of the measures is to validate the user's email address: a verification email is sent to you, which includes a link to click to complete the verification.

If you didn't receive the verification email, I'm not sure about the way you can re-trigger it. Perhaps the "E-mail password" function available on the login page may work.

Please also check your spam folder in the case the email is erroneusly classified as spam by your email server.

Max
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

When CPDL upgraded, I couldn't edit anything either, even though I had an e-mail address defined. So I had to get CPDL to send me a verification message.

I can't see where this option would exist for an unverified account anymore, because I'm already verified, but I suggest checking the My Preferences tab in case an option shows up there.
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

P.S. if that doesn't solve it, please post again and we can troubleshoot further.