How to delete old PDFs?

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Cdalitz

How to delete old PDFs?

Post by Cdalitz »

A Google search shows up many old versions of PDFs on Choralwiki that have exclamation marks in their filenames.

Is there a way to delete these stalled versions from Choralwiki? Or is that at least someone who can be asked to do it?

Chris
carlos
Site Admin

Re: How to delete old PDFs?

Post by carlos »

Hi Chris, the exclamation mark is a valid character for file names, differently from question marks. Could you please inform us how you made your Google search so that we may also see the results?

Old files uploaded by you to CPDL can be delete by an administrator, just ask one of them.
Cdalitz

Post by Cdalitz »

One example: a Google search for "messe in E-dur" + dalitz yields as third entry a to be deleted PDF.

I have fond no hint on the CPDL main site who can be contacted as administrators.
If you know some of them, could you please forward to them the plea to delete the
files listed below?

Thanks, Chris

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/archive ... e_edur.pdf
http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/archive ... cat_cd.pdf
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Oh, now I see what you mean. These files under the "archive" folder are older revisions of current PDFs, that were "archived" by the Wiki software for reference only. They can be safely deleted by me or one of the other admins, by request of the creator/uploader of these files. Would you like that done to your old versions?
Cdalitz

Post by Cdalitz »

Would you like that done to your old versions?
Yes, please.
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hi Chris, your old versions were deleted from the main wiki site (now at choralwiki.net).

The files located at cpdl.org weren't deleted because it's just a temporary clone that will disappear in the near future.

Regards