RE E-mail notice

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Kathy Tichenor

RE E-mail notice

Post by Kathy Tichenor »

Good evening,
I received an e-mail notice that I had a message, however, when I signed in there were no messages, did I go to the wrong area?? Hope this isn't a dumb question.

Thanks and Sing on!!

Kathy
Kat
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Hello Kathy,

The BB here is experiencing weird problems about postings - and (from your posting here) apparently also with E-mail notices about messages.

I've been working on the problem(s) ... pruning the forums and deleting various posts (including offensive ones which have been posted by "bots" and some very old posts which have had no responses). This seems to have made recent posts become visible (previously, posts were not even being displayed or accessible), so I think part of the problem may be due to at least some of the databases for the BB overflowing.

Right now, the BB will just have to limp along until we can get to the source of the problems and fix them.

In the meantime, I'm going to suggest that users having difficulties consult and post messages on the CPDL alternative Bulletin board.

Thanks, and best wishes.

Chuck

Edit: I changed the link above to reflect the newly implemented substitute bulletin board at CPDL (it's a Wiki-style board, but emulates this BB as much as possible).
Last edited by CHGiffen on 19 Mar 2008 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
Kathy Tichenor

RE E-mail notice

Post by Kathy Tichenor »

Thank you for the information
Have a great evening
Kat