unable to login / Mediawiki issue

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
thomascantor1

unable to login / Mediawiki issue

Post by thomascantor1 »

When I sign in, I get a page with the message below, and can proceed no further. Help, please?
Deprecated: Use of QuickTemplate::(get/html/text/haveData) with parameter `headelement` was deprecated in MediaWiki 1.39. [Called from QuickTemplate::html in /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/QuickTemplate.php at line 168] in /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/debug/MWDebug.php on line 381
choralia
Site Admin

Re: unable to login / Mediawiki issue

Post by choralia »

Could you please try again? Does the problem occur immediately when you click on the "Request account" link, or at a later step?

Max
thomascantor1

Post by thomascantor1 »

It happens as soon as I long into my already existing account (thomascantor, without the 1).

I see now that I have access to page elements and links when doing so in Chrome (Mac 10.13.6, Version 116.0.5845.187 (Official Build) (x86_64)), although the displayed layout is messed up, and the "Deprecated" message still appears. It's in Firefox (115.4.0esr) that I can't seem to get anything to load besides the message.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-11-18 at 9.11.15 AM.png
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem, using either Chrome or Firefox (although I work under Windows, so the situation is not fully comparable).

I guess that your computer may be passing something wrong to the server, maybe originated from something cached locally. I can just suggest to clear the browser's cache and cookies.

What happens if you try to access using another computer, or a smartphone/tablet?

Max
thomascantor1

Post by thomascantor1 »

On my tablet, CPDL opens normally until I try to login. Once I do, any page other than a PDF URL won't load. In Safari: "Safari can't open the page because the network connection was lost." In Firefox: "The network connection was lost. [NSURLErrorDomain].

And similar on my phone: "Safari cannot open the page. The error was: 'cannot parse response'."
Last edited by thomascantor1 on 27 Nov 2023 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
thomascantor1

Post by thomascantor1 »

I noticed this post: https://forums.cpdl.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=13310

Could something similar be at play, some setting in my user account?
thomascantor1

Post by thomascantor1 »

Chrome still seems to interact differently with the site, but I'm having trouble seeing a link to account settings. Here are some additional lines of error code that appear in Chrome:
Deprecated: Use of BaseTemplate::renderAfterPortlet was deprecated in MediaWiki 1.35. [Called from ModernTemplate::cactions in /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/skins/Modern/ModernTemplate.php at line 272] in /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/debug/MWDebug.php on line 381

Deprecated: Use of BaseTemplate::getAfterPortlet was deprecated in MediaWiki 1.35. [Called from BaseTemplate::renderAfterPortlet in /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/BaseTemplate.php at line 182] in /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/debug/MWDebug.php on line 381
and at the bottom...
Retrieved from "https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php?tit ... id=1207497"
Hidden category:
Pages using DynamicPageList3 parser function
Navigation menu
Internal error
Views
Main Page
Discussion
View source
View history
Watch
From ChoralWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[ZWS9X1VyoC7fbYia5mUUMQABABM] /wiki/index.php/Main_Page Error: Call to undefined method Sanitizer::escapeId()

Backtrace:

from /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/skins/Modern/ModernTemplate.php(343)
#0 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/skins/Modern/ModernTemplate.php(210): ModernTemplate->customBox(string, array)
#1 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/skins/Modern/ModernTemplate.php(114): ModernTemplate->renderPortals(array)
#2 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(151): ModernTemplate->execute()
#3 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(177): SkinTemplate->generateHTML()
#4 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2876): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#5 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(922): OutputPage->output(boolean)
#6 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(562): MediaWiki->main()
#7 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(50): MediaWiki->run()
#8 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(46): wfIndexMain()
#9 {main}

Retrieved from "https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php?tit ... id=1207497"
Hidden category:
Pages using DynamicPageList3 parser function
Navigation menu
MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [ZWS9X1VyoC7fbYia5mUUMQABABM] /wiki/index.php/Main_Page Error: Call to undefined method Sanitizer::escapeId()
Backtrace:
#0 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/skins/Modern/ModernTemplate.php(210): ModernTemplate->customBox(string, array)
#1 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/skins/Modern/ModernTemplate.php(114): ModernTemplate->renderPortals(array)
#2 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(151): ModernTemplate->execute()
#3 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/skins/SkinTemplate.php(177): SkinTemplate->generateHTML()
#4 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2876): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#5 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(922): OutputPage->output(boolean)
#6 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(562): MediaWiki->main()
#7 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(50): MediaWiki->run()
#8 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(46): wfIndexMain()
#9 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: [ZWS9X1VyoC7fbYia5mUUMQABABM] /wiki/index.php/Main_Page Error: Call to undefined method Sanitizer::escapeId()
Backtrace:
#5 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(183): OutputPage->output()
#6 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(102): MWExceptionRenderer::reportHTML(Error)
#7 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(131): MWExceptionRenderer::output(Error, integer)
#8 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(248): MWExceptionHandler::report(Error)
#9 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(584): MWExceptionHandler::handleException(Error, string)
#10 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(50): MediaWiki->run()
#11 /home/cpdlorg/public_html/wiki/index.php(46): wfIndexMain()
#12 {main}
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

The backtrace information were crucial: you are using the Modern skin, and the problem was similar to the problem previously encountered with the Cologne Blue skin, i.e, these relatively old skins are not bundled any more with the MediaWiki software, so they may require to be updated manually, at least until the MediaWiki support is available. I guess that it will be discontinued, sooner or later.

I've just updated the Modern skin, it seems alright on my computer.

Max
thomascantor1

Post by thomascantor1 »

Hah, in retrospect it seems obvious that this information would be the helpful part to include. I suppose I didn't before only because the other browsers didn't show it outright, and I hadn't taken the time to look through it otherwise until recently while on Chrome.

Thanks, Max.