How long between submission and approval (or rejection)?

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
cgz

How long between submission and approval (or rejection)?

Post by cgz »

I'm sure I've seen the thread, but I can't locate it, so I'm re-asking the question: How long is the process from submission of a work for CPDL and approval/posting or rejection/notification?
Claude_T

Re: How long between submission and approval (or rejection)?

Post by Claude_T »

As we can see on https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Hel ... sion_guide:
Since September 2013 some automation steps have been introduced, making it possible for nearly everyone to create new work pages and upload their scores, without requiring specific computer skills or increasing the workload for administrators. The traditional method has been maintained active, though; the automated method was activated in parallel to it. Since then, the number of new editions uploaded every year has increased a lot, with more than 95% of the submissions being done using the automated method. Therefore, these instructions reflect the fact that the automated method is now the main and most recommended score submission process. However, users who are most familiar with the Traditional method can still use it as a variant of the main process.
So, no delay for work/edition submission.
Indeed there is a delay between submission and approval (or rejection) of posts to this bulletin board (less than one day I guess).
cgz

Post by cgz »

Claude,

Thank you. Can you help me understand why my score (submitted in August) is unposted?
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Chris,

I just checked the upload logs and see that you uploaded PDF and MID files for "Jesu Dulcis Memoria SATB" on August 11, as well as for "Jesu Dulcis Memoria (3part 5 vv)" on August 15. But in neither case did you fill out and submit a ChoralWiki add work form which is necessary for a work to be published at CPDL. Just uploading scores (PDF) and audio files (MID) doesn't get seen as a submission of a score. Also, since you are the composer, you will have to create & fill out a Composer page for yourself.

I hope this helps!

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki