HOW? Listing by Surname/Firstname AND adding a composer to the 'Female Composers' list

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Dhaivid3

HOW? Listing by Surname/Firstname AND adding a composer to the 'Female Composers' list

Post by Dhaivid3 »

Hello all.

Happy to be here. Keep it up CPDL.

I have two questions that I'd appreciate some help with. Thank you!

1. My name is listed under Letter "O" (which is the first letter of my surname) instead of under Letter "E" which is the first letter of my firstname: please can anyone advise me on what, if anything, I can do to modify this arrangement?

2. I was also wondering how composers get added to the list of female composers?

Thank you!
carlos
Site Admin

Re: HOW? Listing by Surname/Firstname AND adding a composer to the 'Female Composers' list

Post by carlos »

Hi Dhaivid,

First of all, could you please let us know what is your composer name at CPDL?

1. CPDL follows the GivenName(s) Surname convention in page titles, lists and categories, but they are always sorted by surname, not by given name. So, what you described is the expected behaviour.

2. Just edit the composer page and add [[Category:Women composers]] right below [[Category:Composers]]

Kind regards,
Last edited by carlos on 20 Aug 2016 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected category info
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
carlos
Site Admin

Re: HOW? Listing by Surname/Firstname AND adding a composer to the 'Female Composers' list

Post by carlos »

Hi Edewede!

Sorry, I gave you the wrong information: the correct category to be added is [[Category:Women composers]], as you have already figured out.

Once again, welcome to CPDL and thanks for sharing your music with us.
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
Dhaivid3

Post by Dhaivid3 »

Good evening.

No problem. Thank you very much for the helpful pointers and the welcome!